The High Security Quarter-lock turnstile system designed by Gensys Workforce Systems resolves all the inherent security issues that are common to conventional turnstiles and access cubicles.
The proven FireFly Quarter-lock turnstile saves you money:
- Employs a single Reader and biometrics.
- Bidirectional operation – saves space and enhances people flow.
- Eliminates “airlocks” – two unidirectional turnstiles forming a sterile area.
- Creates an easily manageable high security area.
- An exceptionally difficult barrier to breach.
- More effective security – reduces the security guard headcount.
- The continuous available and secure FireFly system executes business rules meticulously under all conditions – no work stoppages as the result of the breaching health and safety rules.
- Existing installed single spindle turnstiles can be converted to FireFly Quarter-lock turnstiles.
- A generous trade in policy for selective brands of turnstiles reduces the costs of conversion.
Key design issues found in conventional turnstiles are resolved as follows:
- The turnstile cannot be breached by climbing through, upwards or over any part of the unit in idle or during operating mode.
- Restricted space allows only a single person to enter and restricts the possibility of 2 persons attempting to breach the barrier in vertical or side by side position.
- The overall size of the solution is similar to conventional single turnstiles. This allows for the conventional in line stacking of units.
- A double secure lockable lid eliminates tampering with the mechanism and wiring.
- Optional uniquely keyed mechanical override keys enhance security.
- Alarms when unit is unlocked and used.
- The Posi-Lock® feature enables the electronic identification of a person when the mechanism is securely locked and in place. The identification logic is disabled when the rotor is in any other position.
- The Reader and biometrics when enabled are not accessible from the outside, ensuring accurate user identification & verification.
- Battery back-up is incorporated.
The FireFly Reader Terminal controls the operation of the turnstile as well as all biometrics, card reading and keypad operations. No additional electronics are required. It is simple to diagnose and maintain.
The control system incorporates the following:
- Direction sensing. The movement direction is established when the user pushes the rotor forward. No pushbuttons are or need to be pressed. When sensing movement direction the control logic automatically adjusts:
- The On or Off direction for time clocking.
- The application of all pending direction sensitive Informative, Mandatory and Count Down Stop messages (On and off parades).
- Access Areas that enables pass back checks to be executed for access control and/or time clocking.
- Posi-Lock® secured. The reader and biometrics are only enabled when the user is securely locked in the 45° quadrant.
- The maximum time that a user is allowed inside the turnstile is set up when configuring the unit.
- The entry direction latch is released when the user is rejected.
- The exit direction latch is released when the user is accepted.
- Biometric retries can be configured to prevent unnecessary exit and entry when the wrong finger is presented.
- The transaction is only registered when exiting the turnstile. The Transaction is voided when operating turnstiles without the Posi-Lock® feature when exiting in the entry direction.
- Multi- mode operation is determined by the profiles of the user and the parameter settings of the turnstile – Cards only, keypad only, cards and biometrics, keypad and biometrics, biometrics only.
- The system will stop rotor overrun on forceful or rapid exit.
- The turnstile is unlocked remotely in the event of emergencies.
- Exit is to the safe side when the system fails.
- The system reduces the power to the solenoids when in idle mode – reducing power consumption and increasing the battery reserve in the event of a power loss.
- The system monitors the mains power and the integral battery back-up. Power loss, battery low and battery overcharge conditions are reported.
- Supports supervised biometric template capture. When template capture is enabled the FireFly Zamma-Zamma Proof® turnstile system allows the supervisor to enter, identify himself and enable the capture operation. The supervisor exits and the user enters to be captured.
- Provides recording triggers and user defined identification text for optional video surveillance.
- Provides a record of attempted access clocking.